Introduction


My name is Phoebe Hung and my candidate number is 8017. I completed brief 1: music industry. I worked with Georgina Harper-Dennett (8720) and Gabriel Meytanis (8560). To see my work, please click on the 3 labels on the right named A2 Research and Planning, A2 Construction, and A2 Evaluation.

This is our music video

This is our music video. Please view it in 1080p for optimal experience.

My Music Video

Front digipak text

These are the front panels of our digipak album cover:

Digipak front cover image

Digipak front cover image

Inside digipak text

These are the inside panels of our album digipak:

Digipak inside cover image

Digipak inside cover image
Our website:

Please click on the image below to enter the site



Thursday 23 June 2016

Evaluation question 3: Are you pleased with the footage and your finished edit? Is it how you expected it to look? What works really well and what would you change?

My music video remake:

Overall, I am very happy with our final product. Other people have commented on it saying that "it's incredible!" and that "it looks so professional, well done". I am proud of what we were able to achieve in such a short time.

I think that the footage that we had was of very high quality. We had plenty of shots to choose from and the footage was similar to the music video. I am also very pleased with our grading. The colours are vibrant and are cool-toned, just like in Taylor's video. Jerom, Olamide and I spent a whole evening after school dedicated to grading our shots so that we were all satisfied with our final edit. For the hip hop scenes, I increased the saturation so that the red colours stood out more against the grey background.

Right (before grading)
Left (after grading)
Before grading
After grading:
Three way color correct
Levels
Brightness & contrast
One thing that I had originally been concerned about was that there was six people playing the role of Taylor Swift. I thought that a constant change in the performer would confuse the audience. However, when watching the video, audiences have been so engrossed in the actual content of the video rather than the people playing the characters.

I was surprised by how professional our final music video looked. Despite our lack of performers for many of the scenes, we still managed to fill up the shots.


I was particularly pleased with the robot and the tutting sequence. I graded it to make the gold and the silver stand out as much as possible. I think that this sequence was the most similar to the music video.


If it were possible, I would have had setups that fully matched the music video. For example, in the robot scenes, the setup was not as dark as it was meant to be. This was due to a lack of time, as changing the background would have been very time consuming.

No comments:

Post a Comment