Introduction


My name is Phoebe Hung and my candidate number is 8017. I completed brief 1: music industry. I worked with Georgina Harper-Dennett (8720) and Gabriel Meytanis (8560). To see my work, please click on the 3 labels on the right named A2 Research and Planning, A2 Construction, and A2 Evaluation.

This is our music video

This is our music video. Please view it in 1080p for optimal experience.

My Music Video

Front digipak text

These are the front panels of our digipak album cover:

Digipak front cover image

Digipak front cover image

Inside digipak text

These are the inside panels of our album digipak:

Digipak inside cover image

Digipak inside cover image
Our website:

Please click on the image below to enter the site



Wednesday 22 June 2016

Evaluation question 4: How do you think your prelim experiences will impact on your approach to next term's music video coursework?

My prelim experience has given me an invaluable insight into how I should go about planning and implementing the creation of a music video. The techniques that I have learnt and the experience of performing in front of the camera will no doubt benefit me next term. If I hadn't done the prelim task, I probably wouldn't have had the confidence to perform in front of the camera or been aware of the importance that styling had on the visuals. The experience enabled me to gain knowledge about how to fully utilise the Seward studio and how to use conventions of music videos in my coursework.

Below is a Prezi displaying the impact my prelim experience will have on different aspects of my coursework.



As a result of the prelim, I would be more inclined to have our group members perform in our actual music video. This is because I have gained confidence in performing in front of the camera and I think that our whole class have achieved a high standard of work. Also, trying to find suitable actors who are willing to take part in a long shoot is difficult to do. It is much easier to focus on the strengths of our group members and work around that.

My performance as Swan Lake Taylor
I am also more likely to prefer to shoot the music video in the Seward Studio as there is equipment readily available to use. For example, the lights, the lighting desk, the background drop and the members of staff are willing to help set up the studio for shooting. From previous experience, shooting on location can be cold and conditions are difficult to film in.

The Seward Studio
Here you can see: the lights, the screens showing the playback,
the monitor, the camera and the makeup department
The styling was vital to the characterisation of the different roles. From matching cheerleading outfits to bold street clothing and and intense smokey eye, we were successfully able to portray the different genres within the music video. For the coursework, it will be important to keep our faces powdered and remember to touch up on our makeup throughout the day because it can get very hot underneath the lights and the makeup melts off.

Here is Olamide and Georgina getting their makeup done
by the makeup artists
I learnt a lot about conventions of music videos which I can apply to my coursework next term. I will use:

  • beauty shots
  • direct address
  • amplification
  • discontinuous editing
  • graphic effects
  • cuts motivated by the beat

Visuals match the lyrics
"To the fella over there"
I look forward to preparing for and shooting our music video next term, using the skills and indispensable knowledge that I have gained from the prelim.

The prelim task would have been impossible without our crew members:

Mrs Blackborow, Mrs Dymioti, Dom (director), Amy (first AD), Ed (camera operator), Emma (playback), Eddie (lighting), Tash (dance choregrapher), Jasmine (performance director), Chris (  ), Olivia (costumes director), Mckenzie & Nathalie (makeup artists), Josh, Shay and Amber (runners)

No comments:

Post a Comment