Introduction


My name is Phoebe Hung and my candidate number is 8017. I completed brief 1: music industry. I worked with Georgina Harper-Dennett (8720) and Gabriel Meytanis (8560). To see my work, please click on the 3 labels on the right named A2 Research and Planning, A2 Construction, and A2 Evaluation.

This is our music video

This is our music video. Please view it in 1080p for optimal experience.

My Music Video

Front digipak text

These are the front panels of our digipak album cover:

Digipak front cover image

Digipak front cover image

Inside digipak text

These are the inside panels of our album digipak:

Digipak inside cover image

Digipak inside cover image
Our website:

Please click on the image below to enter the site



Friday 23 September 2016

R&P Post 12: Artists/bands that have inspired and influenced my ideas

We have been inspired by a multitude of different female artists. I have chosen a few artists in particular that I believe have influenced our decisions and have explained why I think that this will be useful to my project.

Meghan Trainor
An artist that has influenced us from the start has been Meghan Trainor. She is an American singer songwriter who started writing producing and recording songs at the age of 15. Her debut single "All About That Bass" quickly rose to number 1.

Her songs are about girl power and accepting her own body type. We felt inspired by the image that she promoted and felt that it was similar to the theme of the song "Sit Still, Look Pretty".


Demi Lovato
We have also been inspired by Demi Lovato's sincerity when discussing her own mental illnesses such as bulimia, self harm and depression. She now is an ambassador for anti-bullying and uses her celebrity status to help her fans (mainly teenage girls) to have a healthier lifestyle.

Demi Lovato is an American 24 year old singer who started off in acting in Disney. She is a talented singer, who's genre is pop rock. Recently, she has taken a break from the music scene.




Daya
Daya is a talented singer who already has a top charting song at the age of 17. She is the original singer of the song "Sit Still, Look Pretty" and I think that her values are conveyed strongly in the song lyrics. Since we are similar in age and the protagonist of our music video will be Georgina, an 18 year old student, I looked to Daya for inspiration on how to promote a young teenage star.




Dua Lipa
When it comes to styling a teenage pop artist, I absolutely fell in love with Dua Lipa's fashion and the way that she styles herself. The 21 year old is from London is a synth-pop/indie-pop/R&B artist and she dresses herself with a style that I would like to replicate for my own artist. I like the use of head gear and jewellery as well as the leather jacket that she wears which all in all give her a rebellious edge.



All of these artists have influenced my decisions for how we will present and style our artist. I have taken into account the role of the artist when inspiring younger music consumers as well as how they present themselves musically and stylistically. This will help me in the future as I will refer to these artists when I need reference points.

No comments:

Post a Comment