Introduction


My name is Phoebe Hung and my candidate number is 8017. I completed brief 1: music industry. I worked with Georgina Harper-Dennett (8720) and Gabriel Meytanis (8560). To see my work, please click on the 3 labels on the right named A2 Research and Planning, A2 Construction, and A2 Evaluation.

This is our music video

This is our music video. Please view it in 1080p for optimal experience.

My Music Video

Front digipak text

These are the front panels of our digipak album cover:

Digipak front cover image

Digipak front cover image

Inside digipak text

These are the inside panels of our album digipak:

Digipak inside cover image

Digipak inside cover image
Our website:

Please click on the image below to enter the site



Friday 23 September 2016

R&P Post 21: My key shots storyboard

The next step after creating a timeline was to make a brief story board of our key shots. The key shots storyboard will give us a visual guide that we can stick to. From past experience, I know that making a storyboard with post-it-notes is the most effective process because we can draw and reorder shots whenever we like. Being able to experiment with the order or take shots out gives us a lot of flexibility that I appreciate in this point in time.

A music video typically has montage style editing and a multitude of shots so it would be improbable for us to draw all of them down. We only drew the shots that we felt were the most important.

Key shots storyboard
In addition to this, I also decided to make a second storyboard that goes into more detail. In it, the varied shot lengths are apparent with the use of different coloured post-it-notes. I think that this clearly conveys our intent to open the music video with extreme close ups. We have used our knowledge that music videos tend to have a lot of different shot types and intercut between them often.

This is the extended storyboard that Gabriel and I created:

Extended storyboard (please click to view in more detail)

I am very glad that we made both storyboards as this will definitely benefit us during our post-production. As a group, we were able to consolidate our ideas and share that with others. It made it easier to explain the sequence of events and I think that storyboarding has helped us take our project to a new level.

No comments:

Post a Comment