Introduction


My name is Phoebe Hung and my candidate number is 8017. I completed brief 1: music industry. I worked with Georgina Harper-Dennett (8720) and Gabriel Meytanis (8560). To see my work, please click on the 3 labels on the right named A2 Research and Planning, A2 Construction, and A2 Evaluation.

This is our music video

This is our music video. Please view it in 1080p for optimal experience.

My Music Video

Front digipak text

These are the front panels of our digipak album cover:

Digipak front cover image

Digipak front cover image

Inside digipak text

These are the inside panels of our album digipak:

Digipak inside cover image

Digipak inside cover image
Our website:

Please click on the image below to enter the site



Friday 23 September 2016

R&P Post 25: Costumes, props and make-up

Costume, props and make-up are a key aspect of production but it is particularly important to our music video due to the numerous different set ups needed and the different personalities that our artist will show.

I have created a powerpoint to clearly show the reference points that we will use. This was extremely useful to me as I needed to refer to it constantly when I did Georgina's hair and makeup.


I showed my moodboard of makeup and costume ideas to my friends who fall under my target audience. At first, they said that all the different styles were too overwhelming and that it would be confusing to see it in a music video. However, a few pointed out that the styles from the performance section were nice because they were wearable. They all agreed that the looks and styles were definitely representative of the setup. For example, the trademark 1950s hairdo.

I watched makeup tutorials on Youtube to get an idea of how I would do Georgina's makeup for each setup. This was a good starting point for me because I can get inspiration from the techniques that they used.

Makeup tutorials that I watched on Youtube


I was torn between whether or not to buy a snow white costume so I asked for my team members' opinions as well as our target audience and teachers. The unanimous decision was that it was not necessary if we had signifiers of Snow White - the apple, the seven dwarfs.

Here I am applying makeup on Georgina
to test out the looks

Marionette makeup by a makeup artist
that I follow on Instagram
I was inspired to do body makeup on Georgina using body paint so as to create hinges and sockets on her shoulders and elbows. But we did not have the correct body paint and it would be too time consuming. Even though it had positive feedback from the target audience, I had to adapt and could not complete the marionette makeup.





In order for me to convincingly appear like a doll, I purchased circle lenses online. The ones that I bought were green 14.8mm diameter lenses. To access the item on the website click here. They are quite striking and it created the desired effect.

My reference point for makeup styles will be vital to the characterisation in the music video.

No comments:

Post a Comment