Introduction


My name is Phoebe Hung and my candidate number is 8017. I completed brief 1: music industry. I worked with Georgina Harper-Dennett (8720) and Gabriel Meytanis (8560). To see my work, please click on the 3 labels on the right named A2 Research and Planning, A2 Construction, and A2 Evaluation.

This is our music video

This is our music video. Please view it in 1080p for optimal experience.

My Music Video

Front digipak text

These are the front panels of our digipak album cover:

Digipak front cover image

Digipak front cover image

Inside digipak text

These are the inside panels of our album digipak:

Digipak inside cover image

Digipak inside cover image
Our website:

Please click on the image below to enter the site



Friday 23 September 2016

R&P Post 13: Influences and inspiration from art, fashion and culture

Our group were largely inspired by feminist ideals as well as female stereotypes throughout history. We want to draw inspiration from areas concerning women and their roles in society.

I hope to use Goodwin's theory of having intertextual references within the music video. We could have Barbie dolls and reference the different groups of women.





I have decided to research the feminist movement, also known as the women's liberation. The feminist movement refers largely to a series of political campaigns regarding votes for women, equal pay and sexual violence.

Feminism has been classified as the belief that women should be treated equally to men. Feminism in the western world is said to have gone through three waves.

The first-wave feminism:

  • Occurred in late 19th century/early 20th century
  • Oriented around middle or upper class white women
  • Involved suffrage and political equality

It is thought that the political origins of the feminist movement first started in France when, after the The French Revolution, women questioned why the liberal revolutions did not affect women.



The second-wave feminism:

  • Began in early 1960s
  • Broadened the debate to subjects concerning sexuality, the workplace, reproductive rights, domestic violence


The third-wave feminism:
  • Started from early 1990s to present
  • Equal pay, equal right to education
  • Tackling rape culture






Learning about the feminist movement and the history regarding the struggles that women have gone through has really inspired me to convey all of that into my project. I think that we will represent feminist ideals in our music video through our portrayal of Land Girls in WW2 and overcoming the 1950s Housewife stereotype.

I also may try to include references to the suffrage movement through the use of the purple, white and green colour scheme.

All in all, this has been very useful to my project because I have been able to learn even more about the culture that I am trying to portray in my music video. I hope to incorporate these aspects into our artist's beliefs and representation, using audience theory to allow our artist to connect with young girls and women believing in the same ideals as her.

No comments:

Post a Comment