Introduction


My name is Phoebe Hung and my candidate number is 8017. I completed brief 1: music industry. I worked with Georgina Harper-Dennett (8720) and Gabriel Meytanis (8560). To see my work, please click on the 3 labels on the right named A2 Research and Planning, A2 Construction, and A2 Evaluation.

This is our music video

This is our music video. Please view it in 1080p for optimal experience.

My Music Video

Front digipak text

These are the front panels of our digipak album cover:

Digipak front cover image

Digipak front cover image

Inside digipak text

These are the inside panels of our album digipak:

Digipak inside cover image

Digipak inside cover image
Our website:

Please click on the image below to enter the site



Thursday 22 September 2016

R&P Post 6: Current trends in popular music

In order to find out what kind of music is doing well at the moment, I researched into the tracks that are on the charts.



The charts are an indication of the music that is popular at the moment. Artists such as Justin Bieber and Ariana Grande are pop stars with a massive audience. On the other hand, EDM artists Chainsmokers and Major Lazer are successful due to the rising interest in the genre.

I also looked into the current trends in the media platforms used to consume music. Sites such as Youtube and Spotify are also available as apps on mobile smart phones. This enables consumers to stream music online when they are on the go. Spotify has 40 million paying subscribers worldwide. This represents the growing demographic of music consumers who would prefer to stream music, allowing them to listen to a wider variety of music genres from different artists.


I would take advantage of the current trends. My knowledge will benefit the choices that I will make in this project because it will enable my artist to reach a larger audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment